Satellite communication links are critical to long-haul carriers and transporters of valuable and hazardous material. The ability to communicate with drivers at any time, combined with increased visibility of what is happening with and around vehicles, helps transporters increase business efficiency, decrease costs and comply with government regulations. The MSky 100 uses the two-way Inmarsat satellite service for remotely tracking and managing fixed and mobile assets anywhere in the world. It’s compact design, internal antenna and robust enclosure makes it ideal for deployment on commercial vehicles, yellow plant equipment, rolling stock, fixed assets and telemetry applications.
- Driving, ignition and idling reports: Monitor driver behaviour and ensure compliance to regulations.
- Garmin Integration: Free-Text messages of up to 200 bytes in multiple languages can be sent or received via the in-cab navigation unit.
- Fuel Monitoring: Continually monitors how much fuel you have in the vehicle’s tank. This not only allows the fleet manager to identify fuel thefts or adds, but also indicates fuel consumption.
- Speed thresholds: Detect when a vehicle is speeding for driver safety and vehicle security.
- Service-Hour Meter (SHM) reports: Determine optimal maintenance schedule.
- Digital and analogue sensors thresholds: Detect when critical operational points are crossed or when sensor values change significantly in a specified amount of time in order to detect possible emergencies.
- Geofence reports: Identify when vehicles have entered/exited areas of interest and how long vehicles are in geofences.
- Remote Immobilization: Halt a possible hijacking by sending an over-the-air message to immobilize the vehicle. An optional timer switches the vehicle out of immobilization state to get it back on the road.
- Configurable over-the-air: Adjust the configuration of the application by using over-the-air messages.
Inputs/Outputs 4 - Configurable
Analogue, Digital in/out
(Active low or high)
Serial 1- RS232
Satellite Service Two-way
From-Mobile Message 6,400 bytes
To-Mobile Message 10,000 bytes
Typical Latency < 15 sec, 100 bytes
Elevation Angle +20 to +90° (Land)
Frequency Rx:1525.0-1559.0 MHz
EIRP < 7.0 dBW
Acquisition Time Warm/Cold: 36 s
Hot: 1 s
Sensitivity Tracking: -159dBm
Reacquisition: -159 dBm
Accuracy 2.5 m CEP
Security GPS signal jamming detection
Input Voltage +9-32V
Load dump protection +150V
Geofencing 128 polygons
Operating Temperature -40°C to +85°C
Storage Temperature -40°C to +85°C
Dust & Water Ingress Remote Satellite
Satellite Inmarsat Type Approval
Regulatory CE Mark, RoH