Pro-active speed limiting and on the spot driving data
Immediate Records on the Road Side: Driving history of last 72 hours
Immediate Records on the Road Side: Route History
Immediate Records on the Road Side: Vehicle and Installation Information
- Exact speed and position on the read in 5 second intervals.
- View exact position on the road on Google maps.
- Exact date and time of accident.
- Fire proof housing ensures that data can be recovered afte the accident.
- Fraudulent claims eliminated.
- Insurance claims can be settled quickly and accurately.
Benefits for Owners
- Dramatic saving in fuel consumption.
- Disciplined driving
- Fewer accidents
- Eliminate unauthorised trips
- No more speeding fines
- It pays for itself
- INCREASED PROFIT GUARANTEED!!
- Detecting sharp breaking
How it works
- It limits the maximum speed to a preset limit, while recording all trips in detail at the same time.
- It allows full engine power.
- Trip details are transferred from the vehicle to your laptop easily with a USB flash disk.
- Trip reports are analysed on your laptop on PC:
- In table form
- On a graph
- On Google maps
Origin of speed limiters in great Britain and Europe
- February 1992, Council Directive 62/6/EEC requiring speed limiters in certain categories vehicles.
- November 2002, European Parliament and Council Directive 2002/85/EC extending the range of vehicles to be fitted.
- January 2007, extending to more categories of vehicles. Tazania 2003
- Kenya 2003
- Uganda 2004
- Zambia 2006
- Ontario and Quebec, January 2009.
- Nigeria and Rwanda in 2015.
Scientific Studies: (Canada Dept of Transport)
- There are environmental, safety and cost benefits. Lower fuel consumption that helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions and saves money on fuel purchases.
- Fitting speedlimiters to all heavy trucks in Ontario would save about 100 million litres of fuel a year - the equivalent of 280,000 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions.
- The risk of collision is reduced when driving at lower speeds.
- Roads and signage are designed for maximum driver safety if the posted speed limits are observed. (visual perception, reaction time, shock resistance) and vehicle performance (braking, adherence, etc.). The safety of road users is at risk if the speed limit is exceeded.
- Driving at higher speeds induces major stress that results in driver fatigue and loss of concentration. Speeding makes it more difficult to react to changes, stop suddenly and control the vehicle, and in case of a collision, the higher the speed the more severe the collision.
- Installing speed limiters will reduce the operating costs of many transportation companies by reducing fuel consumption and increasing vehicle energy efficiency.
Success in Africa
- Kenyan Government implemented compulsory speed limiters, on all public services vehicles and heavy goods vehicles.
- Since November 2003, accidents involving public service vehicles reduced by 73% and fatalities by 25%.
- A very positive impact on the country's, national economy, gross domestic product and sociology.
- Insurance companies subsequently reduced insurance premiums. Commuters enjoy safer traveling conditions.
- Hospitals are less crowded and can give better attention to other patients.
- Reduced national health expenditure on road accident injuries.
- Vehicles last longer and have less breakdowns.
- Lower fuel consumption due to reduced speed.
- Reduced emission of harmful gases.
Fuel consumption studies
Up to 30% saving on fuel was recorded.
- All fitment centers must operate under a strict code of conduct, which ensures high standards and consistently reliable service.
- The fitment centers should be strategically placed to be easily accessible in all areas, by all clients.
- A minimum of 360 fitment centers will be established nationally, to install and maintain the equipment:
- Creating employment
- Developing skills
- Empowering people
- Boosting the economy
- Being an ongoing project, it will render sustainable employment and growth.
Who Finances the Equipment?
- It pays for itself!!
- Initially the vehicle owners pay for the installations, but through the proven saving in fuel and maintenance costs this investment is recovered within the first 3 months.
- Thereafter the owners enjoy ongoing saving of expenses and improved profitability.
- Authorities have improved control
- Owners enjoy reduced operating costs
- The public benefit from fewer accidents
- Insurance claims are reduced
- (Sorry for the panel beaters)